Wenqiu Liu, PhD
Wenqiu trained as a synthetic organic chemist, and has a Ph.D. and a M.S. in Organic Chemistry from Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY. Her main research interests are in the areas of conjugation chemistry, process chemistry, biosensors and nanotechnology. Currently her research focuses on design and synthesis of nanoparticles with functionality for applications in immunology and molecular biology areas; development of conjugation protocols to label proteins and nucleic acids; as well as development of different detection techniques. She has involved in the development and release of our new products such as Ni-NTA-Nanogold, FluoroNanogold and GoldEnhance. She synthesized gold particle attached nucleotides and other small organic precursors. She is currently investigating a new detection technique involving enzyme-catalyzed metal deposition. By involving and managing our production, Wenqiu is familiar with our processes, products and quality management system. It is her goal to continue to provide quality products and bring new products to market.
E-mail Dr. Liu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hainfeld, J. F.; ; Furuya, F. R.; Powell, R. D., and Liu, W. DNA Nanowires. Microsc. Microanal., 2001: 7(Suppl. 2: Proceedings / Proceedings of the Fifty-Ninth Annual Meeting, Microscopy Society of America), 1034-1035 (2001).
- Powell, R. D.; Halsey, C. M. R.; Liu, W; Joshi, V. N., and Hainfeld, J. F.: Giant Platinum Clusters: 2 nm Covalent Metal Cluster Labels. J. Struct. Biol., 127, 177-184 (1999).
- Hainfeld, J. F.; Liu, W., and Barcena, M.: ATP-Gold. J. Struct. Biol., 127, 120-134 (1999).
- Hainfeld, J. F.; Liu, W.; Halsey, C. M. R.; Freimuth, P., and Powell, R. D.: Ni-NTA-Gold Clusters Target His-Tagged Proteins. J. Struct. Biol., 127, 185-198 (1999).
- Liu, W.; Liu, X.; Knaebel, D.; Luck, L., and Li, Y.: Synthesis and Antibacterial Evaluation of Novel Water Soluble Organic Peroxides. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 42(4), 911-915 (1998).
- Liu, W.; Wang, L.; Liu, X., and Li, Y.: Recent progress in the synthesis and evaluation of novel organic peroxides as antimicrobial agents and polymerization initiators. Recent Research Developments in Organic Chemistry, in press.
- Liu, W.; Gahr, A. A.; Bao, R., and Li, Y.: Recent progress in the synthesis and evaluation of azido and diazo derivatives of NAD+ for photoaffinity labeling experiments. Trends in Organic Chemistry, 6, 219-231 (1997).
- Liu, W.; Gaines, M.; Bao, R.; Clifford, J., and Li, Y.: Preparation and Evaluation of Arylazido-Substituted Pyridine Adenine Dinucleotides for Photoaffinity Labeling Experiments. Photochemistry and Photobiology, 63, 793-799, (1996).
- Lu, M. L.; Bao, R.; Liu, W., and Li, Y.: Synthesis of Water Soluble Dialkyl Peroxides and Peroxy Esters J. Org. Chem., 60, 5341-5345 (1995).